Tuesday, June 23, 2009

30th bday, 2 week post op apt, Fathers Day







Fathers Day 2009



Hi everbody,
As I near 3 weeks post op, I realize that I haven't posted 2 week post op pictures yet. Things have been super crazy with my birthday, fathers day, etc.

Last week I started the week being 30. My birthday was June 13th, and while, it wasn't exactly the 30th bday I had dreamed of, it was nice. Brad and Chalsey came down from Esteven for a BBQ and cake, and Ralf and Michelle were kind enough to stop by with cheesecake, my favorite.

On Wednesday evening Chalsey and I left for Bismarck for my 2 week check up. It worked out nice that she too had an appointment, so I got a ride, and good company. :)

I got very good reports. The doctor gave me the go ahead to take a shower. I was extatic. You really dont realize how much we take things like taking a shower for granted. It isnt until you arent able to take one or wash your hair, that you realize how good we have it. Thanks to Kurt for the many sponge baths, and for Chalsey for renting the handicapped room, so she could wash my hair. Thank you Chalsey!

While at my appointment they were able to remove 2 more drains, so now I am left with only one. I really didn't like leaving the house with all of the drains, because I looked like something out of Star Wars, so I am excited to only have 1 left.

The incisions have closed nicely, and now we wait for the swelling to go down. My back is still very swullen. If you were to feel it, it is like feeling a water bed. Very squishy and uneven. Could take months for this swelling to go down. Hard to go into surgery and have 10.5lbs of skin removed, and leave the hospital 20lbs heavier. Stay off the scale, that is my motto.

While in Bismarck, I did a bit of shopping. All of my clothes were falling off of my body, so I picked up a few outfits, and a couple of swin suits. Right now, even with the swelling and wearing the binder, I have dropped 2 pant sizes. The swin suit I bought was a size 8/10, which for me is amazing. Just 3 years ago, I was a size 26/28. Goes to show you what a lot of hard work, and dedication to your health and body can do for you.

Friday was my first day of venturing out of the house. Kurt and I took the kids down to the Crosby fair to let the kids jump on the blow up toys. Grant was more excited by the fact that he made 9$ on fair projects submitted for 4H. Grant helped make his own pajama pants, a door knob decoration, and ants on a log. What oh what, will he do with his earnings???

That evening, we left for the caben for a fun filled Fathers Day weekend. We went boating, fishing, swimming, had a fire, and BBQ some good food. Topped it all off with a good old DQ Fathers Day cake. It was a very nice day, and Kurt deserved it all. He is a wonderful father, and the kids adore him.

I hope everybody had a nice Fathers Day. The weather is supposed to get nice now, so we will be spending more time at the lake. I am still not moving as quick as I would like, but I have to remind myself that I am only 3 weeks out. I am content to sit on the beach for now and watch, but man watch out, because as soon as I am able, I will be running toward the lake, and pool.

Anjelika :)
























































































































No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive