Sunday, November 1, 2009

Very LONG week

This week proved to be truely a week from HELL... After the 4 day weekend of fun, the kids were pretty exhausted and had small colds. Monday, Micaela came home from school with a feaver. She felt pretty good while medicated on cold meds and motrin, but man when it wore off, she felt terrible.

That night, I woke up with a terrible headach and cough myself. Knowing that the kids were painting pumpkins in preschool, I couldn't cancel school. I just got up & put on my smiling Mrs. Kocher face, and toughed the day out. Micaela slept the day away in the friendship room at the church, and things seemed to move along.

At 3:15 Micaela and I both went to the doctor. She tested positive for Strep and I had a sinus infection. The whole plan was to go stand in line at 4:00 for the H1N1 shot, but that wasn't happening because of how sick Micaela and I were. We skipped gymnastics, and vegged the rest of the night. Go figure that Bethany would wake up sick in the middle of the night as well. Now 2 of the three kids were on cough meds. Kurt took the kids to dance to parent's night, while I slept the day away.

Micaela woke up on Thursday morning feeling good. I knew she wasn't 100 percent, but she insisted on going to school. I once again put on my happy Mrs. Kocher face and went to preschool to our annual Halloween party. Let me tell you, I was so sick and tierd after school, I could hardly move. 24 super excited kids playing games, running around, and just plain on sugar highs is enough to drive one crazy, but add a pounding headach and draining sinuses, and you have HELL.... After the morning class, Bethany told me she didnt' feel well. What do you know, she had a feaver. I took her to the doctor after school, and she had bronchidos.. I know it's spelt wrong.. Sorry

That night, Micaela once again woke up and this time she was throwing up and had a temp of 102. So much for just Strep. We are almost positive she had H1N1. She had been tested for influenza A and B on Tueday and had tested negative. Well I am sorry, but any kid who has had a feavor for almost a week with sore throat, cough, and pucking is definetely sick. No school once again for her on Friday. This broke her heart because of the fun they were having at school that day.

I went to Estevan on Friday to celebrate Chalsey's 31st bday. We had planned a Spa day, and I felt that it would be a great day to end the terrible week of sickness. I had a really hard time leaving poor Micaela and Bethany, but Kurt insisted, and I knew he could handle things. I enjoyed my 5 hours of spa bliss with Chalsey, a nice fun bday dinner & movie, and I can honestly say that was the best I had felt all week. Dont know if it was the spa or the bottle of cold medicine I had drank that day, but I was feeling pretty good. lol

Saturday we carved pumpkins, went trick or treating, and had an overall nice day. It is now Sunday, the kids are all feeling better, and I can honestly say I hope and pray this is a better week.......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive