Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Utah Trip


On April 15th, as Kurt was working away on the last day of tax season, my sister Heidi and I woke up early and drove 6 hours to Lamoure, ND for my friend, Mark Buerkle's mother's wake. We actually drove all that way, for only a short 45 min with the family. Although a very short visit, it was very nice to see Mark, meet his wife, children, brother and father, and just catch up. It had been a long 11 years since Mark and my last meeting. I am hoping that our next visit will be under much better circumstances, and will be a bit longer...

Heidi and I left Lamoure by 3:30 p.m. headed back to Bismarck for a yummy Red Lobster dinner, and then we were back to Minot by late evening. Heidi continued on to Crosby, and my BFF from highschool Jessa was ever so kind to let me sleep on her couch from 1:00-3:00 a.m. when I had to get up and get ready to be to the air port by 4:00....

Kurt and I flew out of Minot at 5:00, and arrived in Salt Lake by 9:00 a.m. We were on the go from the moment we got there. The people that we stayed with were friends of Kurts from highschool. It is amazing how Facebook can reunite people. His friend Susan, whom he hadn't spoken to in 27 yrs reunited on facebook in January, and became the best of friends. Now we have all become very good friends, and life is good. :)

While in Utah, we visited the planetarium, walked the Gateway down town Salt Lake City, strolled around Salem pond, went and say the movie "The Last Song," enjoyed much great company with both Susan and her husband, as well as, Susan's sister Barbara and her husband, and just plain relaxed. Oh ya, and most importantly went and saw Daughtry.. Best concert ever....
Susan and I escaped for a morning of pampering. We both got pedicures and manicures. I too experimented with a spray tan. The men enjoyed a morning or Racketball. What better way to end the day than with icecream. In the mall in Provo they have an icecream place called "Sub Zero" you add your toppings to a liquid icecream mixture and then they add liquid Nitrogen to it and you watch it freeze so cool.


All in all, Utah was nice. They have many family activites that I think the children would one day love to do. Who knows, we may just have to go back and visit it again!!!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive