Friday, July 9, 2010

Making a House a Home

Well everybody, this is my new house
608 1st St South
Moving into a new home can be a big adjustment. It is even a bigger adjustment when you move into a new home, & get divorced all in a fast paced 10 days.
It really is amazing how fast this whole life ultering transistion happened. I am starting to deal with things better, and crying less, so I think it wont be long until this new house, will infact, become a new home for me and the kids. :)
The house has a very nice size living room with french doors into a office/den, dining room, kitchen with breakfast nook, 1 bed & bath on main level, and a nice built in window seat in the living room. Upstairs it has 2 big bedrooms, tons of closet attic space, and a bath and shower. Basement has 2 bedrooms, family room, laundry room, bathroom, & unfinished bedroom.
It has been an adjustment to move into something quite a bit older than my house on the farm, but it is slowely but surely becomming home. Lots and lots of projects to do, but it is going to take lots and lots of time and money, so one thing at a time.
Garbles are comming to carpet the upstairs, so am trying my best to get everything painted. They will also be putting lino in the bathroom upstairs and in the bathroom on the main level.
Here are the before and after pics of the bathroom I just got done painting..

Before Bathroom on main level

After bathroom on main level

As I get more and more projects done, i will post more pictures. It is kind of fun to see the befores and afters.

This weekend Kurt has the kids, so a friend and I are going tent camping in Medora. Needless to say neither of us has ever put up a tent, so if anything this trip will be filled with laughs. Wish me luck!!!!

Have a great weekend everyone!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive