Thursday, October 27, 2011

LIFE IS A PAIN IN THE NECK....



The past couple of weeks have been a real struggle for me. I woke up with a kinked neck on a Tuesday, went to my routine Chiropractor treatment on a Thursday, ended up in the hospital that weekend. Had an MRI and was told I had buldging disks in my c spine in that 5-7 range, which not only causes a horrible upper back ach, but severe pain in my left arm and hards. I have been living on muscle relaxers and lots of oxy codone. It has been tough for me to function and teaching school has proven to be ok, during the day on ibupropn 800's but by after school the pain is so bad it has sent me to the er twice.

Today I had a spinal epidural that injectted numbing medicine into my spine. It worked great for about 10hrs, but here I sit at the computer at 1:00 a.m. in terrible pain again. I just dont know what to do. School must go on. My mind can teach school, my body wants, to, but my hand arm and back just throbb. I can't even explain it to you.. uffff

Anyhow for the next 3 weeks i must take it semi easy and hope the shot gives out atleast a little more relieve than it is giving out right now. If not, next step spin doctor. And yes can you believe this all because I woke up with a kinked neck. SO FRUSTRATING....

Thanks to Krisit Hauegeno for taking me to the hospital more times than I can count, Kurt for keeping the kids extra so I could try and heal, and to the many nice people who have helped me out. Thanks to April and her children for the lovely flowers and balloon, Ellen for making me smile, Kelly for taking me to my doc appointment in Williston and to everbody else that has wished me well.

I feel so stupid even whining about this pain when I know there are others dealing with way worse things in the world. I never knew how much pain could affect a person's daily life. Now I know why some people don't work.. big sigh.

Anyhow, School resumes normal next week. I hope and pray I have the strength and energy to keep going...

Anjelika

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive