Saturday, May 23, 2009

Preschool and Kindergarten Graduation
















































































The past two weeks have been very hectic, but sadley the craziness hasn't even begun.

Tuesday, I went for my pre-operation physical with Dr. Kemp in Williston. He gave me a clean bill of health, so I can carry through with my big surgery on June 2nd.

Wednesday, we were up early for Grant's Kindergarten graduation. The ceremony was so cute. The two classes did little fairy tale skits, as well as, sang some cute songs. Kurt's only request was that Grant dress in a suit and tie. He looked so adorable, but really made me realize that he is growing up. SNIFF... SNIFF.... Where have the last 6.5 years gone??? He is growing up too fast!

After graduation, we had a nice lunch and cake for our families. It was a very simple lunch, but Grant was so proud to have graduated, that was all that mattered.

After the company left, the race was on to get both Grant and Micaela's makeup done for dance pictures. The 1st year I did it, I was terrified. So many things to learn about dance makeup. Now, I am happy to report that I feel like a pro. Things went very smoothly. Pictures started at 2:45 and went until 8:30 that night. We would run to pictures, then run back to the studio for dance, and back and forth all evening. It was crazy, but we made it
Thursday we were out the door by 7:30 for Bismarck for my thyroid biopsy. Kurt came to the procedure with me, and Ashleigh took the kids for pizza and to the park. It worked out quite nice. The biopsy itself went rather well, but I was sick in bed the remainder of the day. Kurt took the kids swimming and to supper, so they had fun while I slept. Results should be in within 2 weeks, so we are anxiously awaiting to hear back from them.

Friday, we all did some shopping, and garage saling. It was just a day to do whatever. We had fun.

Saturday, we got up early to go to garage sales, but we were very disappointed. You would think that a city as large as Bismarck would have good sales. Sadley, they had hardly any. We hit a few, and shopped a little more, and then headed home.

Tomorrow morning, we are heading to the cabin for the remainder of the weekend. Tuesday, I have to get my flowers planted in the ground, and the rest of the week is busy with dance. Wednesday dance class, Thursday lessons on stage, Friday dress rehearsal, and Saturday is the big show. Sunday we get our lives straightened out, and Monday night we leave for Bismarck for my surgery.. RUN RUN RUN. I should be back home by the 3rd, and then I start my 2-4 week journey of being recliner bound. A long recovery, but well worth it. :)

We must not forget that Micaela graduated from preschool last week as well. She attended 2 years of preschool with mom, and it is now on to Kindergarten. GOOD JOB MICAELA!
Ashleigh on the other hand just graduated with her associates degree from BSC, and has decided to finish her nursing degree in Williston. She will work the next couple of weeks in Bismarck, and then head to Williston. It will be nice to have her closer to home.

Enjoy the pictures :)










































No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive