Friday, June 12, 2009

Trip to Bismarck

I have to be perfectly honest. Yesterday's trip to Bismarck & back about killed me. 8hrs of driving for a 15 min appointment was just absolutely rediculious. I had been very pleased with the service at Dr. Becker's clinic, but yesterday felt just like a number. Granted I only saw his nurse PA, but she could have cared less. I could barely walk, could hardly sit, and she just says, "Take the binder off, and wait for me." um ya, NO... I cant take the binder off, and the 2 times Kurt has taken it off, I have about passed out.

She came in, took the binder off, kept moving me up and down on this doctor chair from hell, as I just screamed from inside because of the pain. She took all the stiches out, all of the bandages off, and gave me the "dont over do it" speal.

Here are my newest rules: For the next week, again limited activity. Stay in chair as long as I can, only now at night attempt to sleep on my side in bed for atleast an hour or two, or as long as I can go. Chair after that.

No walking farther than just out to the drive way once a day for 5 weeks. I don't know how taking care of the kids is going to play into any of this, since I still cant move, but where there is a will, there is a way I guess.

Binder must come off now to let the body adjust. I know that I can only take it off while in the chair because of the extreme trama my body goes through when I take it off standing up. Should only come off about 30 min a day. Today the binder is in the wash, so I have 2 hrs of being stuck in the chair in the sitting up position. It smelt so absolutely discusting, I couldn't take it anymore. It can't be dried, so it is the air drying that takes so much time. Before I put it back on, I am going to have Kurt come in and take a few pictures. There are no bandages or anything, so you can really see the scars.

The scars on the back look horrific, and the ones in the front look nasty and butchery, but they assured me that they look "Awsome," so I am hoping and praying they get better. The cart at Walmart was full of many body creams yesterday. There was antibiotic cream, scar cream, itch cream. You name it, it was in there. The itching has just been horrible because of the healing. ugg

Sadley enough Tennille left yesterday. I just cried. She was the perfect nanny. She cooked, cleaned, did laundry, and most important played with the kids. You know, I didnt really see a lot of her because I have been so out of it on pain meds, but getting up this morning, and knowing she wasn't hear to make the house run smooth, was really hard. The kids took to her awsome, and Bethany really found comfort in her doing the "mommy" job. She just came into my room crying this morning. She wanted "her Tennille. " I felt so bad. It really ment a lot to us to have her hear, and cant wait to see her again. Amazing how awsome it is to keep a lasting friendship for 10 years. I met her in 1998 when I was in my first year of college, and she is still as loyal of a friend now, as she was then. Thank you so much my dear friend. I love you so much.

My dad is leaving tomorrow, so he is helping Kurt landscape around the back deck today. The weather is beautiful, and the kids are happy to be outside if daddy is. I a lucky to be in the bedroom reliner which overlooks the back deck. The window is open and I feel apart of the action. I love Kurt. He is so awsome!

I will try and get some new pictures posted. Right now, if you would just all say a prayer for my mother in law Barb, who is having heart surgery today, that would be great. She was having valve troubles, and they decided it was time to replace. She is out of surgery, but there is still many days of intensive care, and hospitalization to get her better. Our hearts go out to the whole family as she heals. It worked out nice that we got to see her yesterday before she went in, so we were able to wish her good luck.

Tomorrow is my 30th bday. I have always had this big idea that for my 30th, I wanted a big bash with my friends. I never really whooped it up on my 21st, so thought 30 would be a good time. Unfortunitally couldnt plan surgery for any other time, so my 30th isn't going to be the big bash, I had hoped for. Oh well, those who come to celebrate with me in my chair, are the best.. Couldn't ask for anything more right? lol

Pain meds are wearing off, and the pain of not having the binder is starting. Kurt has the fan on three with the binder drying on it, but if it doesn't get dry here soon, I pull have to put it on wet. Feeling ill.

Have a good weekend...
Anjelika

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive