Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Tis the Season.. December 2009

Bethany took a fall this past Sunday while playing with the kids.
She fell off the couch backwards and hit her head on the table.
It was only a 1 cm cut, but it was deep and bleed a lot. After some stiches, we were good to go.
Grant mailing his letter to Santa.
Grant really wants a BB gun for Christmas. While I am not exactly sure if this is an age appropriate gift for a 7 year old boy, "Santa" seems to think it will be just fine. :)


Micaela mailing her letter to santa.
Micaela is hoping for a Leap Frog Tag reading system for Christmas. She loves playing school, writing words, and "reading." This system really looks neat.


Bethany mailing her letter.
For those of you who know Bethany, it is no surprise that she is asking for something Dora. The girl eats, sleeps, and breaths Dora. :)
Santa had to search near and far to find the ever so popular Dora Talking Kitchen.
I can't wait to see her eyes on Christmas morning.


Kocher Family Christmas Tree. Grandpa Bill bought us the train for around the tree. This was our first time setting it up. The kids just love it. :)





I am not a "prize" baker by any means. Most of everything that I make is in that "semi homeade" category. I did give peanut butter balls a try this year, and much to my surprise they turned out. I would imagine it was because there was no baking involved. I really can't bake. hah
Grant rolling peanut butter balls.



Grandma Barb got Bethany this cute apron for her birthday. She is so proud to wear it and bake/cook.

Watch out world when Micaela is in the kitchen. She takes no orders, and has a mind of her own. "Mom, I know what to do, leave me alone." Like I said, watch out!



Micaela is such a beautiful girl. We snapped this picture right before she was to dress up as Mary in the Church Christmas program.




Micaela was so honored to be Mary in the Christmas play.





Bethany sang her little heart out at the Christmas program. Grant on the other hand, was bored and appeared tierd. He must have yawned 10+ times. Didn't get any good pictures of him.



Tuesday night was the DCE School Christmas program/play. The kids got all dolled up for the even. Even Bethany insisted on wearing a Christmas dress.
She took pride in looking like "Mrs. Clause"

My Christmas angel looks so grown up in the picture!


Grant did sing quite well at the program. He likes music, but isn't one for singing lots of songs in front of a lot of people.


Such a serious little singer.
It really is hard to believe that Christmas is next week. I have the whole next week off, so I can get things in order. Christmas Eve, we will open our family presents, head to Church for the 5pm service, and then go to Barb & Wes's for a nice supper and gifts. It usually gets to be along night, so we have just enough time to leave some cookies, and a coke for Santa before getting the kids to bed. I am hoping that this year they will be able to handle staying up a little later. They are usually so tierd and cranky when we get home that it isn't much fun.
Christmas day, we wake up, do the Santa Clause thing, and make an early afternoon meal for my family. It is short and sweet, but it is nice.
Tomorrow is my preschool Christmas party. Wish me luck. It is going to be a crazy day with 24 super excited preschoolers. :)

































































































No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive