Sunday, December 13, 2009

Busy weekend

This morning the kids had their annual Sunday school Christmas concert. The concert was nice, long, but nice. We arrived home around 12:30, had lunch and began a "lazy" Sunday at home. Kurt was excited to make homemade Chex Mix, and Puppy Chow, while I did preschool evaluations.

After taking a quick break, I headed to the kitchen for a snack. The kids were running around, and it wasn't but a few moments later that I heard screams of terror. Bethany had been playing rough on the couch, and fell. She hit her head on the edge of the table. Blood everywhere! Very scary.... I rushed her to the ER, and they quickly controlled the bleeding and stiched it up. I was informed that head trauma usually has lots of blood. After she was cleaned up and ready to be stiched, the 1cm cut really didn't look as bad as I had thought. Yes it was bad, but for as much blood as there was, I thought it would be a lot worse.

Anyhow, we are home and resting. Kurt is at the kids' Assembly of God program tonight with Grant and Micaela. 2 Christmas concerts gets to be a lot of singing for the kids, but they like it. Bethany was upset that she wasn't able to go, but it was better for her to stay home. She has been complaining of a headach, so we have been icing her head to reduce swelling.

Aside from the drama of the day, we did have a productive weekend. Friday night Kurt and I were able to run to Williston and finish our Christmas shopping. Saturday I rolled 150 truffles for the bake exchange, and baked 3 dozen cookies while Kurt took the kids to the free Saturday movie. I am trying so hard to stay on top of Christmas this year. Shopping done, baking done, Christmas cards done... Tree is up and presents wrapped. Now it's up to Santa to do the rest. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive