Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Back in TIME

The past couple of weeks, I have been in this "Go Back in Time" mood. Been digging through my scrap books, journals, and totes of memories. I know it has been said time and time again that it is hard to believe how time flys, but for me it really does seem like it just flew on by. My memories really do feel like they just happened yesterday.

My 8th grade year, and my Freshman year in highschool seem to be the most memorable and fun for me. Drama was my passion, and spending time at the school was so awsome. I found many pictures, drama scripts, old notebooks, and journals documenting those years. It was so much fun to dig through it all. There were also other highschool memories. Pictures of graduation, fun with friends, and several other things, but again 8th grade and freshman year were the best.

I look back on the days, and think,"wow have times changed." There was no texting, no internet, or no blackberry, Heck we didn't even have cell phones. Now if my cell phone has a dead battery, or doesn't work, I literally have an attack. Same with the internet. God forbid if it doesn't work for even an hr. A whole day is unthinkable. haha

That brings me back to my 7th grade year at the highschool. That was the 1st year that they taught computers. There were actually only enough computers for half of the class, so the other half had to use typewritters.. Now, that would be unthinkable. Does any school in the country even teach how to use a typewritter??

Anyhow, it has been a lot of fun digging through those memories. I've been sharing them with a friend, whom didn't graduate from here, but is also the same age as me. It has been fun to talk about the past, and discuss things that happened in "those days."

Tax season has been a nightmare this year. Good thing I have my 2 good friends to help occupy my time. There is my Dawson's Creek bud, who comes over to watch tv in the evening with me while Kurt is gone, and of course my girlfriend Chalsey. She came out last weekend, and we celebrated Valentines Day with gifts, drinks, supper, and lots of good talk. Thanks Chalsey.

I am still not feeling 100%. I have switched drugs once again for the anxiouty I have been experiencing, but this new one still hasn't kicked in. I sware there is always something. :)

Kurt is working 4:00 a.m. to midnight right now. Farm tax deadline is March 1st, and this week is going to be a rough one. He has really been enjoying chatting with his old highschool pal Susan, who currently lives in Utah. Kurt is hoping that we can make a week long trip to see her after tax season. :)

Preschool is going well, kids seem to be healthy for the time being, and life is plugging along....

TTFN
Anjelika

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive