Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter






So I awoke this morning to three very very excited children, whom were more than ready to go hunt for the baskets. Not only that, but yes my husband was here too. That just made the morning even more special.

Before we could start our hunt, the kids had to sit and stare at the carrot cake that we made for the Easter Bunny. We decided that this year we would start a family tradition of making a carrot cake for the Big Bunny himself. We figured that if he could smell such a wonderful carrot cake, that maybe, just maybe we might get a little something extra. :) Sure enough, the Bunny had taken a piece of cake and left only crumbs. He also scarfed down the carrot cookies that were left hanging on the door. We are so good to that Bunny, and he in return was good to us all. :)

Hunt, hunt hunt. The kids found their baskets within minutes and then it was open this, open that. They have to do and try everything right away you know. I am usually so anal about Easter Candy. I am always trying to get them to eat it in moderation, but this year, I just let them go Hog wild. I told them that for one day, and one day only they could eat whatever they wanted. Needless to say, they had eaten one too many chocoate eggs by supper, so weren't the hungriest, but they had fun, and that was all that mattered.

Kurt hurried to work, and I began preparing the feast. Mom called and said that she had the flu, and Heidi and Jacob had made other plans, so really I had tons of food planned, and only uncle Steve and Step dad les comming. I quickely decided that it didn't matter, and that I was going to make it just as special as if the whole family was comming. We had ham, potatoes, beans, salad, and rolls. I also made a Lemon Mirange pie, chocoate truffles, and of course there was still carrot cake. :) YUMMOOOOOO

Early in the afternoon, Kurt came home and hid some eggs around the yard. The kids had fun hunting for them. They were amazed at the fact that the Easter Bunny had put quarters in the eggs. So fun...

Supper was at 5:00, company was gone by 6:15, and kids were in bed by 8:00. All in all, it was a rather nice Easter. Wish more of my family could have been here, and that Kurt could have been here the whole day, but it is tax season, and we do the best that we can.

I sure hope you all had a wonderful Easter. Visit my facebook page to see many great pictures.

Love,
Anjelika

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive