Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mothers Day 2009































HAPPY MOTHERS DAY EVERY ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It must be first noted, that I look like the hairy scary monster in the morning. My wonderful husband wouldn't let me take a shower to tame the frizzy mess, so I look so beautiful in these pics. lol
Mothers Day follows rather a tradition around our house. Kurt always lets me sleep in while he and the kids prepare a grand breakfest in bed for me. This years wonderful breakfast was scrambled eggs with cheese, compliments of Bethany, sausage patties fried by non other than Grant himself, toast with cheese on top, Micaela's specialty, and 2 oreo cookies.. lol
I am happy to report that other than the eggs being a little runny, and the sausage being a little crispy, the meal was fantastic. Such thoughtful and loving kids, and we mustn't forget about the fantastic husband. I couldn't be happier. Although last year's surprise of a new Honda Mini van may have been the number 1 Mothers Day ever. hehe
After breakfast, I quickely opened my wonderful gifts from the kids. Kurt sent me an amazing bouquet of lilies and spring flowers yesterday. So spoiled, I mean, loved.
Kurt, the kids, and I spent the day outside in the sun. I helped Kurt put the new trampoline together while the kids drove around in their power wheel cars. Man, sure wish I could have had one of those when I was a kid. :)

Nana and Grandpa came out around 2 and played with the kids. The girls love it when my mother sings "You are my sunshine," while they are swinging. Grant on the other played a little one on one with grandpa Les. You would have thought this boy belonged to Doug Overbo for as sports oriented as he is. We put the new basketball hoop up last week, and that is where he has been ever since. So glad he loves it!
All in all, I had a wonderful mothers day. Kurt took the kids to the movie this evening, so I could have a little "me" time to wrap up the day. I think mothers day should be more of a time for us mothers to sit and realize what it is that makes this day so special. It isnt the breakfast in bed, or the many gifts & flowers, it is the fact that we are mothers to the greatest gifts on earth, OUR KIDS!!!!!!
Happy Mothers DAY Everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive