Tuesday, July 21, 2009

One step forward, two steps back

Over the course of the last 3-4 weeks, things have gone up and down in my recovery. My better parts of the day are usually the morning, but by around 3-4 oclock, I am generally pretty exhausted. By 6, I am usually ready for a nap and then by around 9, I have so much pain, that I am up until around 1.

Right now the biggest problem is that accumulation of fluid on my right side. I went to Bismarck Monday, and they once gain drained another 170cc's off. Insisting that I go to Bismarck again on Wednesday, I have opted to see if my Dr. in Williston can go ahead and do the procedure. I really dont want to be driving to Bismarck 2 times a week to have the liquid taken off. My only other option is to have another drain sewn in. One quick cut, tube inserted, and away I go. Fluid drains into the ball, I empty it. Easy right? In a manner of speaking yes, however, if I were to choose that option, I wouldn't be able to get wet again. That means it would be back to sponge baths. The reason being that because the drain is an open incision in the body, bacteria from water can get inside of my body causing infection. Because we are planning a vacation to the water park capital of the world, Wisconsin Dells, having a drain just isn't a good idea.

Although the fluid accumulation and pain, I have been able to be a mother to my children. We have been on the go to our many fun activites. Right now, we are in our second week of swimming lessons. Bethany is in level one and is doing awsome. Grant and Micaela are in level 2 and really enjoy the water. Grant just started basketball camp this week, so has been up and out of the house by 8:00. He is usually done around 10 just in time for a quick snack before swimming lessons.

Our afternoons have been spent at the pool. I am still pretty causious about getting to the water because of the many kids swimming around and playing games. I still feel as though I could break in half at any moment, so stay clear of activites that could bump me. I did hop in for a quick moment to cool off, but that is the extent of my swimming. Trust me, when next summer roles around, the water is where you will find me. :)

Next week Grant has cub scout camp at Spring Brook lake in Williston, so that will be exciting for him. Kurt & I will finally be able to escape for our 1st official day away date in 2 months. The State Fair is in Minot on Tuesday July 28th, so that is where we will be. The 28th also marks our 8 year anniversary, so I am excited.

So nice to have a few days of nice weather. July is usually so hot my AC runs all day. Have hardly had to run it this summer. As I glance over to the calendar, it is sad to say that school is a mear month away.. uggg..... Grant will be going into the 1st grade, and Micaela Kindergarten. That leaves me and Bethany home alone for 2 whole years. Boy will Bethany miss her sister. :)

1 week until we leave for the Dells on vacation. Can't wait...

Computer guy called and my cord is broken, so as soon as he gets the part, I will have my computer with pictures back...

FYI:
Just got home from Williston, and Dr. Kemp was able to do my draining procedure. No trip to Bismarck. HURRAY!!!!! He was very amazed on my "new body," and filled me full of compliments that have me glowing. Even his intern and nurse couldn't believe it. Really made my day.

Enjoy the rest of the week
Anjelika

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive