Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Ups and Downs

Last weekend was yet another fun Kocher family weekend. Friday was a rest and relaxation day. We took full advanatage of beautiful weather and were able to have a nice evening around the fire. The kids love marshmellows, and no better place to have marshmellows than around the fire.. yummooooo

Saturday morning, we got up early and drove to Williston for a morning of garage sailing. We hit the mother load at sales.. Our special find was the 12ft water tramp for onlly $150.00 bucks. Now for those of you who dont know what that is, it is a large tampoline that is inflatable, and sits on the water. They retail for close to $500 bucks, so we were so excited. Family before us, whom obviously had money, bought it for the 4th of July, and then didn't need it anymore. Made our kids so happy. I cant wait until next summer when I get to give it a try. Unfortunitally I have many pictures, but my computer is still in the shop, so no pictures for now. Sorry...

Sunday, I got up early and headed to Bismarck for my Monday morning 6 week check up with Dr. Becker. Appoinment was going well until Dr. Becker found the accumilation of fluid in my back.

Right now, I have a water balloon type accumulation of fluid on the right side of my back. It was quite a feeling around game to find the accumluation, but after we found it, it had to be drained.

Dr. Becker took 170cc's of fluid or better understood, 6 ounces of fluid, out of my back. He really had been focusing on the front of my body until I had mentioned that my back floated when I was in the tub. I felt so stupid saying that outloud, but as soon as I did, he knew.

Draining it was rather quick and easy, but I will have to return to Bismarck again next Monday to have it drained again. The problem really isn't the draining it, it is the traveling in the car for 4hrs. Sitting in the seat and putting pressure on that pouch of fluid gets really uncomfortable and causes me pain. Kurt could hardley get me into bed last night when I got home from Bismarck. Couldnt sleep on my back or right side, and my left side still has incisional pain, so it was a rough night.. uggg

Dr. Becker also informed me that in 3 months, he would like me to come back and have a revision on the tummy tuck portion of my procedure. He feels that my tummy isn't as flat as it should be, so he would like to snip off one more portion of skin and pull it tighter. He says no pain involved, and that it is a quick in and out procedure, but I am leary of that. Still have to be knocked out, and still involved cutting, so we will see. It really made me feel good to know that he really takes pride in his work, and that he was displeased. So awsome that he wanted to fix it for free. I really LOVE this man. lol

Despite the pain, and minor setbacks, I think it would be fair to answer the question that people keep asking me... "Was it worth it?" I will have to say most definetly YES!!!!!!!! For me, it was like having a baby. Pain was horrific, but outcome was so awsome that you kind of forget the bad stuff. I bought my first 2 piece swim suit yesterday. Never in a million years would I have thought I could wear two pieces. I asked Kurt if he thought it was too soon, but after he saw it, I think even he was amazed. I plan on wearing it to the Dells when we go on vacation in August, so dont worry, you will get a picture. lol

The kids have just started swimming lessons, and Kurt just took Grant and Micaela to their year end t-ball tournament, so it seems just as quickely as one thing ends, another begins. Then there is basketball camp for Grant, the state fair, and well, I could go on and on. I do know that school starts in 6 weeks, so time to really start embrassing the free time we have. Hard to believe summer is almost over, and really it has only begun.

While in my healing, there have been the downs, the ups with my family have been awsome..

Take care and enjoy the rest of the summer
Anjelika

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive